These articles deal with both theoretical and practical aspects of this important topic. The main item is an important review of the technique by Boryana Nikolova-Damyanova, but other short topics are being added as time permits. Learn more.
The chemical shifts (1H and 13C) for a wide range of fatty acids and their derivatives are described in these articles by Frank Gunstone and Gerhard Knothe. Learn more.
Modern methods based mainly on mass spectrometry for detailed structural analysis of intact lipids. We have great plans for this section and the first articles are now online. Learn more.
A number of short articles on analysis together with longer review articles from 'Advances in Lipid Methodology—One and Two' (by kind permission of P.J. Barnes & Associates). Learn more.
In This Section
- Principles of Silver Ion Complexation with Double Bonds
- Silver Ion Chromatography and Lipids, Part 2
- Silver Ion Chromatography and Lipids, Part 3
- Silver Ion Chromatography and Lipids, Part 4
- Silver Ion Chromatography of Lipids References
- Introduction to Silver Ion Chromatography
- Mechanism of Retention of Unsaturated Lipids
- Retention Order of Fatty Acids and Triacylglycerols
- Multiple Interactions in Silver Ion Chromatography of Lipids
- How to Make a Column for Silver Ion HPLC
- Solid-Phase Extraction Chromatography in the Silver Ion Mode
- Preparative Silver Ion Chromatography on Home-Made TLC plates
- A Guide to the Practice of Analytical Silver Ion-thin-layer chromatography on Pre-coated Silica Gel Plates
- A Guide to the Practice of Quantitative Silver Ion TLC of Fatty Acids and Triacylglycerols
- Silver ion TLC with Quantification by a Gas Chromatography Method