Silver Ion Chromatography of Lipids
The Authors: Boryana Nikolova-Damyanova and William Christie
Silver ion chromatography has been one of the more important techniques in the armoury of lipid analysts for nearly 50 years. In these pages, we will review the technique from both theoretical and practical standpoints.
Review of Silver Ion Chromatography
An important review was published by the Oily Press in 1992, and as it is now out of print they have kindly given us permission to reproduce it on this website.
Nikolova-Damyanova, B. Silver ion chromatography and lipids. In: Advances in Lipid Methodology - One. pp. 181-237 (Ed. W.W. Christie, Oily Press, Ayr) (1992).
- Introduction, and Principles of Silver Ion Complexation with Double Bonds
- Silver Ion Thin-Layer Chromatography
- Silver Ion High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Low-Pressure Silver Ion Column Chromatography, and Combined Chromatographic Techniques
Aspects of Silver Ion Chromatography
- An introduction to silver ion chromatography (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova & W.W. Christie)
- Mechanism of retention of unsaturated lipids (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova)
- Retention order of fatty acids and triacylglycerols (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova)
- Multiple interactions in silver ion chromatography of lipids (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova)
- How to make a column for silver ion HPLC (by W.W. Christie)
- Solid-phase extraction chromatography in the silver ion mode (by W.W. Christie)
- Preparative silver ion chromatography on home-made TLC plates (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova and Sv. Momchilova)
- Quantitative silver ion TLC of fatty acids and triacylglycerols (by B. Nikolova-Damyanova and Sv. Momchilova)
- Silver ion TLC with quantification by a gas chromatography method (by W.W. Christie)
Further original articles will be added here as time and other professional commitments permit. The most important recent review on the topic is that published by the Oily Press - now Elsevier - Nikolova-Damyanova, B. Lipid analysis by silver ion chromatography. In: Advances in Lipid Methodology - Five. pp. 43-123 (Ed. R.O. Adlof, Oily Press, Bridgwater) (2003).