M. Victoria Ruíz-Méndez M.S., Ph.D.
M.Victoria Ruíz-Méndez obtained M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in chemistry at the University of Sevilla, Spain. She has been affiliated with the Instituto de la Grasa of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) since 1980. Over the years, her research has focused on chemistry and technology of fats and oils. She is the researcher responsible of the Pilot Plants for Extraction and Refining in the Instituto de la Grasa (CSIC). She has more than 50 international publications and has been the leader of 20 international and national projects funded by public and private institutions.
- Ruiz-Mendez, MV, Lopez-Lopez, A and Garrido Fernández, A. Characterization and chemometric study of crude and refined oils from table olive by-products. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 110, 537-546 (2008).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. and Dobarganes, M.C. Combination of chromatographic techniques for the analysis of complex deodoriser distillates from an edible oil refining process. Food Chem., 103, 1502–1507 (2007).
- García Borrego, A , Ruiz-Méndez, M.V,. Romero Barranco, C. and Brenes, M. Effect of refining on the phenolic composition of crude olive oils. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 83, 159-164 (2006).
- Ruiz-Mendez, MV, Pérez de la Rosa, I., Jimenez-Marquez, A. and Uceda-Ojeda, M. Elimination of pesticides in olive oil by refining using bleaching and deodorization. Food Addit. Contam., 22, 23-30 (2005).
- Brenes, M., Romero Barranco C., García Borrego, A., Hidalgo, F.J. and Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. Phenolic compounds in olive oils intended for refining: formation of 4-Ethylphenol during olive paste storage. J. Agric. Food Chem., 52, 8177-8181 (2004).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. and Ramos Hinojosa, A.E. Fatty acid esters with short chain alcohols in two-phase olive pomace oils. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 105, 346-350 (2003).
- León-Camacho, M., Viera-Alcaide, I. and Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. Elimination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by bleaching of olive pomace oil. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 105, 9-16 (2003).
- León-Camacho, M., Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. and Graciani Constante E. Kinetics of the cis-trans isomerisation of linoleic acid in the deodorization and/or physical refining of edible fats. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol., 103, 85-92 (2001).
- Tubaileh, R.M., Garrido-Fernández, A., Ruiz-Méndez, M.V., León-Camacho, M. and Graciani Constante, E. Effects of deodorization/physical refining variables in wax and fatty alcohols content of refined olive oil. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 79, 101-104(2002).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V., Posada de la Paz, M., Abian, J., Calaf, A.R., Blount, B., Castro-Molero, N., Philen, R. and Gelpí, E. Storage time and deodorization temperature influence the formation of aniline-derived compounds in denatured rapeseed oils. Food Chem. Toxicol.. 39, 91-96 (2001).
- León-Camacho, M., Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. and Graciani Constante, E. Changes in olive oil components during deodorization and/or physical refining at the pilot plant scale using nitrogen as stripping gas. Fett-Lipid, 101, 38-43 (1999).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V., Márquez-Ruiz, G. and Dobarganes M.C. Relationships between quality of crude and refined edible oils based on quantitation of minor glyceridic compounds. Food Chem., 60, 549-554 (1997).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V., Márquez-Ruiz, G. and Dobarganes M.C. Comparative performance of steam and nitrogen as stripping gas in physical refining of edible oils. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 73, 1641-1645 (1996).
- Ruiz-Méndez, M.V., Garrido- Fernandez, A., Rodriguez-Berbel F. and Graciani Constante, E. Relationships among the variables involved in the physical refining of olive oil using nitrogen as stripping gas. Fett-Lipid, 98, 121-125 (1996).
- Graciani-Constante, E., Bada-Gancedo, J.C., Rodriguez-Berbel, F. and Ruiz-Méndez, M.V. Physical Refining of oils using nitrogen as stripping gas: Process optimization. Grasas y Aceites, 45, 132-46 (1994).