George E. Anderson
Career: Crown Iron Works Company draftsman and pilot plant technician, 1963-1968. Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager, 1969-1976. Chief Engineer, 1975-1984. Vice President for Engineering, 1984-present. Company Secretary, 1974-2002. Director, 1979-present. Executive Vice President, 1990-2007.
Education: Graduate of Stanford University, Palo Alto, California. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 1969. Chi Psi fraternity, 1965. President of Student ASME, 1968. Graduate of Blake High School, Hopkins, Minnesota. Honors, Distinction in Physics, Cum Laude, National Merit Finalist.
Papers and presentations: 1976-present including: Memphis, TSOMSA: "Five Points on Processing Efficiency", 1976. "Solvent Extraction", a five day lecture series in Beijing, China, 1979. Texas A&M Short Course: "Shallow Bed Extractor Operations" and "Desolventizing, Toasting, Drying and Cooling", 1981-present. AOCS at Cannes, France: "Safety in Solvent Extraction", 1985.
Other: Inventor or co-inventor on 15 United States patents. Founder and Chairman, Emprimus LLC, 2008-present.
Memberships and Activities
- 1969 – pres. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. (ASME).
- 1980 – pres. American Oilseed Chemists Society (AOCS).
- 1980 – pres. National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE).
- 1980 – pres. Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE).
- 1981 – pres. Tri States Oil Mill Superintendents Association (TSOMSA).
- 1981 – pres. Member, #36 Committee on Solvent Extraction Plants, (NFPA).
- 1982 – pres. International Oil Mill Superintendents Association (IOMSA).
- 1989 – pres. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- 1989 – pres. American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- 1989 – 2005 American Society for Metals (ASM).
- 2003 – 2004 MN State Curriculum Commission, Science, K-12.
- 2006 – pres. National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
- 2009 – pres. MN InfraGard.
Crown Iron Works Company, P.O. Box 1364, Minneapolis, MN 55440 USA