Yonghua Li-Beisson, B.Sc., Ph.D.
Yonghua Li-Beisson received her B.Sc. in Lipid Chemistry from the Henan University of Technology, China (1996). She started graduate studies in the University of Hull under the supervision of Professor Colin Ratledge in 1998. Her Thesis work is focused on understanding the biochemistry and molecular biology aspects of oil biosynthesis in an oleaginous fungus Mucor circinelloides (Awarded 2002). She then did a brief Postdoc in the lab of Professor Lorna Casselton (University of Oxford) working on fungal genetics before joining the lab of Professor John Ohlrogge (Michigan State University) in June 2003.
In Michigan State University, She did research on two major aspects of plant lipid metabolism, the seed oil biosynthesis and the biosynthesis of plant specific lipid polyesters where she has made significant contributions to the field. She has been a co-ordinator for a worldwide effort in cataloguing the genes of lipid metabolism for the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana, available as an online database ARALIP.
Since Sept. 2009, she is a permanent research scientist at the French Alternative and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA) in charge of developing basic research projects on microalgae biofuels (Lab Homepage, and My Researcher ID via Web of Science).
- Li-Beisson, Y., et al. (2010). Acyl-lipid Metabolism. In: The Arabidopis Book, and its companion website: ARALIP (ASPB, Rockville, MD).
- Li-Beisson Y (2011) Cutin and Suberin. Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: Chichester
Peer reviewed papers:
- Nguyen HM, Baudet M, Cuiné S, et al. (2011) Proteomics 11 :4266
- Siaut M, Cunié S, Cagnon C, et al. (2011) BMC Biotechnology 11:7
- Manas-Fernandez A, Li-Beisson Y, et al (2010) Planta 232:987
- Yang W, Pollard M, Li-Beisson Y, et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 107:12040
- Stork J, Harris D, Williams B, et al. (2010) Plant Physiology 153:580
- Li-Beisson Y, Pollard M, et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106:22008
- Molina I, Li-Beisson Y, et al (2009) Plant Physiol 151:1317
- DeBolt S, Scheible W, Schrick K, et al. (2009) Plant Physiol 151:78
- Li Y and Beisson F (2009) Biochimie 91: 685
- Pollard M, Beisson F, Li Y and Ohlrogge J (2008) Trends in Plant Sciences 13:236
- Li Y, Beisson F, Koo A, et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104:18339
- Li Y, Beisson F, Ohlrogge J and Pollard M (2007) Plant Physiol 144:1267
- Beisson F, Li Y, Bonaventure G, Pollard M and Ohlrogge J (2007) Plant Cell 19:1
- Li Y, Beisson F, Pollard M and Ohlrogge J (2006) Phytochemistry 67:904
- Li Y, Adams IP, Wynn JP and Ratledge C (2005) Mycological Research 109:461
- Song Y, Wynn JP, Li Y, et al. (2001) Microbiology 147:1507
- Wynn JP, Hamid AA, Li Y and Ratledge C (2001) Microbiology 147:2857
CEA/CNRS/Aix-Marseille University, CEA Cadarache, France