Sarojini J.K.A. Ubhayasekera M.Sc., Ph.D.
Dr. Ubhayasekera received her M.Sc. in Food Chemistry at the Department of Food Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden on 2004, and her Ph.D. in Food Science in 2010 from the same University. The PhD thesis title is: ‘Sterols and Oxysterols: occurrence and analysis in by-product feed fats and animal tissues’ (On-line publication: diss-epsilon.slu.se:8080/archive/00002066/). Dr. Ubhayasekera has been working extensively on oxysterols in fats and oils and in food lipids.
- Ubhayasekera, S.J.K.A., Tres, A., Codony, R. and Dutta, P.C. Effects of different levels of trans fatty acids and oxidized lipids in diet on cholesterol and cholesterol oxidation products formation in rabbit. Food Chemistry, In Press (2010).
- Ubhayasekera, S.J.K.A., Tres, A., Codony, R., Dutta, P.C. Effect of feed fat by-products with trans fatty acids and heated oil on cholesterol and oxycholesterols in chicken. J. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc., 87, 173-184 (2010) - DOI: 10.1007/s11746-009-1480-6
- Ubhayasekera, S.J.K.A. and Dutta, P.C. Sterols and oxidized sterols in feed ingredients obtained from chemical and physical refining processes of fats and oils. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 86, 595-604 (2009).
- Ubhayasekera, S.J.K.A., Kochhar, S. P. and Dutta, P.C. Lipid oxidation products in some selected Indian Sweets. Int. J. Food Smci. Nutr., 57, 451-458 (2006).
- Ubhayasekera, S.J.K.A., Verleyen, T. and Dutta, P.C. Evaluation of GC and GC-MS methods for the analysis of cholesterol oxidation products. Food Chem., 84, 149-157 (2004).